Application - Rippa - Black Orc - APPROVED

Apply for membership here. Tell us a little about yourself experience and what game/server combo you're currently playing. An invite into the Kindred is applicable to any game/server/realm combination we're active in.
Rippa

Application - Rippa - Black Orc - APPROVED

Post by Rippa »

Application:

Name you prefer to be called:

Rippa is the name of my main character but I’ve gone by the nick name of Von Demon since I was a kid. Friends call me Von.

Age you plan to act:
Hmm, I’m turning 39 this year but I sure don’t feel it. I run my family’s manufacturing business but when I’m done working, I run home to play “video games” so I have no idea what age I act. Let’s just say I’m here to have fun with like minded people and my mother would say I play well with others ;)

Time Zone you play rather than live:
I play Pacific after 9pm on weekdays since I have kids who like to see their dad before they go to bed. Weekends are wide open as long as I have a day or two notice to plan the chores around.

Previous Strategy/MMORPG's you've neglected life for:
You name it, I’ve beta tested and later played after launch most of them. Here we go with the acronyms… UO, EQ, AC, DAoC, SWG, Planetside, EQ2, AC2, CoH/CoV, WoW, Eve, Vanguard, LotO, PotBS and AoC to name a few. I spent the most time with WoW from launch until this summer but this had more to do with the friends I made than the quality of the game. I’m also a rabid FPSer and I enjoy RTS now and again. I don’t think I need to go back as far as my Apple IIe gaming days…

Former guild positions you were mistakenly put in charge of:
I inherited the title of guild leader shortly after WoW went live when a buddy ducked out of the game. I enjoyed the position of first among peers as our guild was more of a gaming group than the common hierarchy of gaming strangers. Everyone had as much say as anyone else and we had a great time playing together without the awkward trappings of guild politics while still enjoying most of what the game had to offer. We never grew much more than 15 active players with many friends who would log in now and again so Raiding was the one thing we never did but for the most part we enjoyed PvP over raiding anyways.

Ventrilo installed and push-to-talk key enabled:
Yeah, I HATE gaming without vent and push-to-talk is required. No one needs to hear my wife telling me to get off the computer.

References willing to lie for you (If none, then how did you hear about us?):

I’m RL friends with Dex (er.. Makisupah, whatever ;) ) who is another one of your applicants and he recommended Dark Kindred as the perfect fit for our gaming style. After reading your forums, I have to agree completely. I’m more interested in having fun with like minded gamers than being the most l337 gaming guild on the server. For me, it’s about the trip as much as the destination.

"Being killed by other players," experience:

PvP happens and if it didn’t, what a boring game this would be. I’ve enjoyed PvP since I first played Pong. I don’t like losing but it’s unavoidable and all a matter of perspective. In WoW (we played on a PvP server) I was ok with getting “ganked” by a lvl 60+ character in Tarren Mill as long as my 20+ mage got a "sheep" spell off before hand and I could watch the guy walk around and eat grass for 20 seconds.

"Arguing over loot," experience:
Don’t sweat the small stuff.
I’m happy to see people get the loot they need to perform better but not at the cost of enjoyment. Come to think of it, WAR doesn’t seem as prone to this issue as past MMOs that I’ve played. I detest DKP systems and the way they develop into a pyramid structure that rewards gaming addiction and under delivers for those who try to balance real life with their hobby.

Most importantly, what can you bring our guild as a member of the family, besides a lower IQ?
I “think” the best that I have to offer is my friendship and game loving personality. I’m big on mutual respect and I’m here to have a good time. I’ll help organize and plan when asked but that’s not what I’m here for. You guys have your thing already going on and I would love nothing more than to get on the bus and enjoy the ride.

That said, I am an achiever and I love PvP which is what brought me to this game in the first place. If I’m on, I’ll be right there with ya, storming the keep or knocking guys off the battlements. I’m good for at least two maybe three lvl 40 characters and I like to mix things up. Right now I have a lvl 29 Black Orc (Rippa of course) and I’m also working on a Zealot once I get Rippa to 40. When that’s done I should have a DPS toon picked out.

Well, thanks for the consideration. Of all the guilds I’ve seen on Phoenix Throne, this feels like the best fit to me, I hope you guys agree.
Rippa - R 40, RR 34 Black Orc
Stixus - R 22, RR 19 Sorcerer
Cleon
Guild Master

Re: Application - Rippa - Black Orc

Post by Cleon »

Hello, Rippa (Von if I may), and welcome to the Kindred forums!

I'm still awestruck at reading the wonderful application that Dex wrote, and now I open your petition and get floored. You guys are genuinely top-quality based upon my observations. The good news is I will typically approve the close friends or relatives of an Approved applicant automatically if I feel the original applicant can take the responsibility of holding said individuals acacountable upon their recommendation--and Dex is approved already. The great news is that you have been pre-approved on his behalf! I'm already sold on you guys, and your application just confirmed my suspicions of what qualities you all possess as a team.

The bad news is you wrote all of this information without knowing you were pre-approved! Seeing that I'm entirely glad you wrote it anyways, then I will agree that perhaps it's not bad news afterall.

I enjoyed reading every single last word of your petition, and I am looking forward to wonderful things to come out of this newfound friendship. I want you guys to make yourself at home here, and feel that you are as equally respected and honored as anyone else. I feel everyone should be treated fairly and equally--regardless of whether they've been a member for 9 days or 9 years.

Take that as you will, and consider it your first blessing for becoming a part of the Kindred community and family.

We welcome you and yours with the greatest anticipation.

APPROVED
We are Kindred of Valiance

World of Warcraft

[ Old Blanchy Server WOTLK - CLASSIC]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Raamiah - Shaman) (Mørck - Warrior) (Arowana - Hunter) (Karîna - Rogue) (Ådam - Priest) (Krìsti - Warlock) (Lèo - Druid) (Valsu - Paladin) (Stibnites - Mage) (Festae - Death Knight)

[ Grobbulus Server WOTLK - CLASSIC]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Alliance Realm ]
(Valsu - Shaman) (Uaru - Warrior) (Trapiche - Hunter) (Lejes - Rogue) (Cleon - Priest) (Ealdor - Warlock) (Pacu - Druid) (Salvini - Paladin) (Jardini - Mage) (Jurupari - Death Knight)

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Stibnite - Mage) (Valsu - Shaman) (Lèjés - Demon Hunter) (Cleonae - Hunter) (Cleon - Priest) (Machairo - Warrior)
(Festae - Death Knight) (Sapote - Druid) (Castle - Paladin) (Erìk - Monk) (Progressive - Rogue) (Ealdor - Warlock)
Rippa

Re: Application - Rippa - Black Orc - APPROVED

Post by Rippa »

WoW, thanks Cleon! I appreciate the hospitality and look forward to getting to know everyone.
Rippa - R 40, RR 34 Black Orc
Stixus - R 22, RR 19 Sorcerer