Archeage

Discuss upcoming or other MMOs.
Sicyn
Site Admin

Archeage

Post by Sicyn »

Hey guys, I'm playing Archeage and the game is really great. It's a Korean game that is currently in Alpha (paid access) for the western market.

It's sort of old-school...reminds me of DAoC in ways, but has very deep crafting, housing, farming, pvp, sea warfare, treasure hunting, and more. :)

Check it out: http://www.archeagegame.com
Broakin

Re: Archeage

Post by Broakin »

Any update on this? This game has piqued my interest. I may pick it up with my girlfriend. Currently playing Guild Wars 2.

Miss everyone! :D
Revend
Broakin
Lothae

LoL: Bunnycuddler
Cleon
Guild Master

Post by Cleon »

Miss you guys also.

Im thinking of trying GW2 out. Where is everyone hiding there?
We are Kindred of Valiance

World of Warcraft

[ Old Blanchy Server WOTLK - CLASSIC]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Raamiah - Shaman) (Mørck - Warrior) (Arowana - Hunter) (Karîna - Rogue) (Ådam - Priest) (Krìsti - Warlock) (Lèo - Druid) (Valsu - Paladin) (Stibnites - Mage) (Festae - Death Knight)

[ Grobbulus Server WOTLK - CLASSIC]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Alliance Realm ]
(Valsu - Shaman) (Uaru - Warrior) (Trapiche - Hunter) (Lejes - Rogue) (Cleon - Priest) (Ealdor - Warlock) (Pacu - Druid) (Salvini - Paladin) (Jardini - Mage) (Jurupari - Death Knight)

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Stibnite - Mage) (Valsu - Shaman) (Lèjés - Demon Hunter) (Cleonae - Hunter) (Cleon - Priest) (Machairo - Warrior)
(Festae - Death Knight) (Sapote - Druid) (Castle - Paladin) (Erìk - Monk) (Progressive - Rogue) (Ealdor - Warlock)
Hildace

Post by Hildace »

Cleon wrote:Miss you guys also.

Im thinking of trying GW2 out. Where is everyone hiding there?
Haha Cleon :P You're a bit late! There are these like...megaservers now or something like that...It's like...each zone has people from all sorts of different servers. For the WvW (World vs World...like Realm vs Realm in DAoC), however, you basically fight for your actual server. I think you can also "guest" on other servers, though--but I'm not sure if that applies to WvW or just PvE.

I joined the Jade Quarry server a little over a year ago (because I heard it was the DAoC server), but I've been largely inactive (partly due to my recently-completed Masters degree program, and now due to do-or-die MCAT exam preparation). I should be much more active after my January 10th exam---but that's still about 3 months away.

Here's a link to the 3 top servers for WvW rankings: https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/na/wvwmain

Jade Quarry won the first season. Blackgate and Tarnished Coast are also in the same top tier.

Cheers!

Hildace (Mike)
Cleon
Guild Master

Post by Cleon »

Not sure what any of those rankings mean.

I did look at the class arrangements. An Asura Mesmer looked appealing.

But, if it is dying out, I may just keep waiting until "the next big thing."

Not sure what to do. I miss DAoC ultimately, but it is unplayable to me in its current state, so I still goof off on cell games.

PC gaming no longer seems to be a priority of gaming companies.
We are Kindred of Valiance

World of Warcraft

[ Old Blanchy Server WOTLK - CLASSIC]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Raamiah - Shaman) (Mørck - Warrior) (Arowana - Hunter) (Karîna - Rogue) (Ådam - Priest) (Krìsti - Warlock) (Lèo - Druid) (Valsu - Paladin) (Stibnites - Mage) (Festae - Death Knight)

[ Grobbulus Server WOTLK - CLASSIC]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Alliance Realm ]
(Valsu - Shaman) (Uaru - Warrior) (Trapiche - Hunter) (Lejes - Rogue) (Cleon - Priest) (Ealdor - Warlock) (Pacu - Druid) (Salvini - Paladin) (Jardini - Mage) (Jurupari - Death Knight)

[ Illidan Server BFA]—[A
CTIVE]—[ Horde Realm ]
(Stibnite - Mage) (Valsu - Shaman) (Lèjés - Demon Hunter) (Cleonae - Hunter) (Cleon - Priest) (Machairo - Warrior)
(Festae - Death Knight) (Sapote - Druid) (Castle - Paladin) (Erìk - Monk) (Progressive - Rogue) (Ealdor - Warlock)
Hildace

Post by Hildace »

Cleon wrote:Not sure what any of those rankings mean.

I did look at the class arrangements. An Asura Mesmer looked appealing.

But, if it is dying out, I may just keep waiting until "the next big thing."

Not sure what to do. I miss DAoC ultimately, but it is unplayable to me in its current state, so I still goof off on cell games.

PC gaming no longer seems to be a priority of gaming companies.
For the rankings, tier 1 has the best WvW servers, while tier 2 has the next best WvW servers, etc. It is based upon how well the servers do in WvW battle.

There are a lot of people to play with--but I couldn't tell you if the population was growing or shrinking. MMO companies don't always report the size of their playerbase.

I miss DAoC as well, but it was rather empty when i left in 2012. The new DAoC (Camelot Unchained) may still be at least a few years off, and I haven't found a reason to leave GW2. The WvW areas are modeled off of DAoC. I haven't had enough time to play the game though to compare it to DAoC, but I like it so far.