I'm Interested, but have Questions...

Apply for membership here. Tell us a little about yourself experience and what game/server combo you're currently playing. An invite into the Kindred is applicable to any game/server/realm combination we're active in.
Krago

I'm Interested, but have Questions...

Post by Krago »

First, I apologize if this is not the right place for this post. I didn't see a better place for it.

I'm very interested in your guild. I'm looking for a stable, mature, organized guild with good leaders and good people that's focused on RvR. Poking around your website and forums, I have no doubt that you are all this.

The only real question I have is about the roleplaying. I see you posted on the Warhammer Alliance realm forums that you consider yourselves medium roleplaying. Can I get a little more info on how the RP is here? I'm guessing guild chat is OOC? Is there much RP within the guild?

I don't sit around RPing about killing Order dogs, I kill Order dogs and like to RP while I'm doing it.

The RP isn't really a huge deciding factor for me, but I'm interested in what I have to look forward to here concerning the RP.

I'm working through a number of careers right now in T1 and T2, as I'm not sure which one I want as my main. I'm trying to decide between Maurader, Sorcerer, and Black Orc. Once I make up my mind, I'll probably be submitting an official application.

Thanks in advance for your time.
Denauticus

Re: I'm Interested, but have Questions...

Post by Denauticus »

Krago,

Welcome to the Kindred Forums. Glad you stopped in to ask some questions.

As for role play in guild chat:
The guild is fairly OOC and casual in guild chat. However, there are some that play there character in person, in chat and in guild in character. No one in guild will discourage you from doing so either as we are on a RP server.

One of the reasons Kindred is founded on a RP server is also to draw in a more mature crowd. This removed the lame naming of characters such as "PWN'dYourMom" & "MageMasterX". as well as cuts down on the senseless spamming and bickering you find common on standard servers.

As for your conclusion on PVP, the guild is very active in PVP (open world and scenarios). We also host fairly regular PQ groups and lair runs such as Gunbad.

One last thing: Not sure if you played DAoC at all, but quite a few former guilds have formed up on Phoenix Throne. You will see lots of familiar names and faces.
Denauticus Hallgrim of Dark Kindred
Current:
Xbox ID: BigRhin0

Retired:
{Diablo III - Battlenet ID: Denauticus#1872}
{40th season Chosen, Destruction - WAR}
{70th season Warrior, Horde - World of Warcraft}
{50th season Wizard, Albion/Percival - DAoC}
{EVE Online - Royal Khanid Industry}
Krago

Post by Krago »

Thanks for the quick reply, Denauticus. That's pretty much what I assumed the RP would consist of in the Dark Kindred. I'm good with that.

I'm pretty sure my main will be my Black Orc Krago, but I want to get him at least part way into T2 before I submit an application.

I haven't played DAoC, but I've been a senior officer in a large, heavy RP WoW guild for the past couple years. (The Grim on Twisting Nether) There are a lot of people from that server rolling characters here too, including a couple people from The Grim. The great experience I have with my guild there is why I'm looking carefully for the right guild here. I think the right guild is every bit as important as the game itself. The Dark Kindred looks to be a very good fit for me, so I'll be submitting an application once I'm sure I'll stick with Krago.

As a certain Governator once said - "I'll be back"

Thanks again.
Jade

Post by Jade »

Hi Kargo,

I play fenriss and love to RP. I will throw it in whenever I can and would love to have you in a group to RP with. If you ever what to group up, please message me in game.
Welverine - Sorcerer
Fenriss - DoK
Yellowsnow - Squig Herda'
Azoula - Zealot
Asrina(order) - White Lion
Krago

Post by Krago »

Thanks Jade! I'll try to remember.

Krago nut so smurt. Gud at bashin tings doh. Smushin stunty healerz is gud timz.
Leonthor

Post by Leonthor »

Welcome to the forums Krago, I like what I saw in your post and look forward to the opportunity to group with you. I spend most of my time on my Shaman Leonthor but due to my ADD I usually spend a day or 2 out of each week on an alt to break up the monotony.

"Muszt KEELLLL Stuntieeessszzz!!!"

Long Leive Daark Kinndreeed
Leonthor, Tamaromni, Neighlon and others in DAoC.
WoW (retired):Wambuku Pa-Monk, Phoebria NE-Priest, Leonthor Wo-Druid, Xarlyndra Hu-Mage, Tinaldyr Hu-Paladin, Yzcirin Dr-Shaman

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy & taste good with ketchup!!!
Krago

Post by Krago »

Thanks Leonthor! Krago's rank 7 and rising. I had a Dark Kindred or 2 in the scenarios with me last night...which we won, if I remember correctly. :)

"Smush dem stunties till dey stop squirmin!!"